But that’s what I got anyway. Sigh.
While there’s never a good time to get laid up with an injury, I’m pretty sure doing it right before the start of March Break is one of the worst…and that’s exactly what happened.
So, I struggled through the week with my kids. I was bummed out and feeling guilty that we were homebodies most of the time, when I’d much rather have been going on family adventures. I’ve never injured myself like this before; being so helpless and dependent on others kind of messed with my head. I was in a real funk.
Then I saw a post my friend Christine wrote, entitled “Thankful Thursday” which really inspired me. I reminded myself that this was not the end of the world. It was okay to be frustrated, but I had to count my blessings. So I did.
|A lovely surprise from my friend, Maya|
And you know what? It helped a lot. I vowed I would write a #ThankfulThursday post and link it up on her blog, Life on Manitoulin, so I am doing it today!
Having a broken foot has reminded me of how generous and supportive my friends and family are and how lucky I am to have them in my life. I want to send a shout-out of thanks to…
- My husband, for being an amazing partner, but especially for being cook, chauffeur and more, without a single complaint, these past two weeks
- My kids, for being understanding and considerate…and giving me extra hugs and kisses!
- Maya, for the beautiful flowers that brightened my day and for always being a supportive, amazing friend
- Janet, for the impromptu coffee dates that keep me sane and the many school drop-offs and pick-ups when I’m in a jam
- Shannon, who so generously lent me her air cast, which is a vast improvement on the huge, clunky one I had (Yay, I can drive now – thanks!!)
- My friend Christine, for inspiring this post
- My fellow Moms at school who offer kind words of encouragement and commiserate with me 🙂
- My friends who offered words of encouragement and concern when I ranted about my foot on Facebook 😉