I’ve been jonesing for a tablet for some time now, and I’ll be honest with you – I’ve been an Apple girl for years. But, when I attended the ShesConnected Conference this past September, I got the opportunity to check out the Toshiba Tablet and was quite impressed.
A few months later, I was lucky enough to be chosen as a Toshiba Holiday Heroes Brand Ambassador, with a mission to check out the Toshiba Tablet and report back on my findings. I’ve always been a closet tech geek, so for me this was a good chance to get a bit more familiar with it and indulge my love of gadgets!
The first place I went, they had none in stock… not even on display. So, I tried another store… same thing. I thought, “Geez, this might be harder than I thought!”. Not because it would be difficult to write about my experience, but because I might not HAVE an experience to write about! 😉
So, off I went to the third store on my list, Best Buy. Success! They had a model on display and, once I was able to flag down a (very busy) associate to unlock the password protection, off I went exploring the many features of the Toshiba Tablet. I must admit, I didn’t find the Toshiba Tablet very intuitive at the beginning….
However, once I got some instruction on how to use the tablet – you know, the basics like where the “home” button is, how to access the internet (via Wi-Fi), etc. it was a much better experience. I received a mini-tutorial from the wonderful associate there and he was very helpful when answering my questions.
- At 10.1″, this screen is a beauty! Its exclusive adaptive display technology ensures this wide view screen’s brightness and contrast are adjusted automatically to the surrounding light conditions.
- HDMI, USB 2.0, mini USB; handy for the greatest connectivity to your other technology (TV, computer, etc.)
- NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 Mobile Processor; fast, full-featured web browsing with Adobe® Flash™ Support
- including an accelerometer, compass and GPS
- view in portrait or landscape mode for best viewing, depending on your use
- important if you want to transfer files onto your tablet from, say, your camera; or, it can be used to increase the tablet’s storage capacity
- Wi-Fi and onboard Bluetooth help you stay connected using all your wireless gear (headset, etc.)
- for people on the go; you can carry a back-up battery and swap it when you aren’t near a power source